Backup Power for Mobile Telecom Towers and Repeater Stations
Mobile Base transceiver stations (BTS) are often situated in locations difficult to access and require reliable back up power in case of power outages in order to assure the availability of public communication systems and maintain the required SLAs of System Uptime.
DG sets as a backup tower in urban areas or ecologically sensitive areas are not being allowed and slowly the Courts and Environmental agencies are cracking down on this. This leads to back up power being maintained using large battery banks which has limitations of endurance and also the need to recycle batteries. Typically these towers do not have adequate space for Solar as a backup option besides the issue of Solar not being available all the time.
BTS and repeater stations require continuous power supply for 24 x 7, 365 days operations and these can be ideally backed up with our DMFC or Hydrogen Fuel Cell based Systems. Onsite fuel ensures a backup that can last anything from 24 to 72 hours as per the envisaged back up needed depending on the local grid situation.
- Increased runtime and autonomy – Our Fuel Cells achieve autonomous back up power ranging from 24 hours to 4 days or more giving enough time to resolve the power outage problem.
- Our systems are lightweight and compact and reduce the need for large and heavy batteries and easy to install and handle.
- Once installed all that is needed is an occasional fuel cartridges/cylinders. This can be planned calculated very closely beforehand.
- The fuel cell based solution can be remotely controlled, making extra trips to the site unnecessary.
- Our Fuel Cell Solutions provide clean energy and comply with the environmental concerns.
- Fuel consumption is lower than DG sets reducing the logistics burden of re-supply.